For Partner Schools
2017-18 School Partnership Information
Applications for the 2016-17 school year are now closed, but it’s never too early to get on our list for the 2017-18 school year.
How Does It Work?
To better understand the requirements of becoming a TEALS partner school, this page outlines the application process that our 2016-17 school partners went through. We will have our 2017-18 School Application available in November 2016.
November – School application opens
February – Open Application period ends
December through February – Rolling school interviews
March – Partner schools selection finalized
February to May – Volunteer recruiting and selection
June to August – Volunteer and teacher training, school year logistics planning
July to September – School classes start!
1. Attend a live school info session, watch a recorded school info session, or read the school info session PDF:
Live school info sessions are held across the country. If you have not already been in contact with a TEALS Regional Manager about a live info session you can watch or read the resources below.
You can also download a PDF of the 2016-17 Partner School info session
2. Review the partnership documents below.
- TEALS Program Description (2016-17) – A brief (one page) description of the TEALS program
- TEALS Implementation Guide (2016-17) – Everything you need to successfully implement a TEALS partnership at your school.
3. Apply for a TEALS Partnership using the online application (required for new and returning schools)
4. Schedule your school’s interview
TEALS selects our partner schools based largely on the information we gather during an in-person interview between a TEALS Regional Manager and your school’s key stakeholders in the program.
A TEALS Regional Manager will contact you to schedule your interview once your application is complete. Attendance is required by the TEALS Partnership Coordinator, Partner Classroom Teacher, school principal, and a district contact (if applicable).
If an in-person interview is not possible, the interview may also be conducted via phone or Skype.
5. Sign the Partnership Agreement
TEALS Partner School Agreement (2016-17) – The 2016-17 TEALS Partner School Agreement must be signed AFTER your school is selected for partnership.
This document will need to be signed by the TEALS Partnership Coordinator, Partner Classroom Teacher, school principal, and a district contact (if applicable).