Computer Science in every high school
Every student should have the opportunity to study rigorous computer science in high school.
TEALS helps high schools build and grow sustainable computer science programs through partnerships between classroom teachers and tech industry volunteers.
- Help partner high schools build teacher capacity and student interest in computer science so that they will be able to offer CS programs on their own
- Represent students of all demographics and backgrounds with a specific focus on engaging women and underrepresented minorities
- Teach students computational thinking, problem solving, programming, and computer science concepts that will be applicable in whatever field they enter. Help students become informed citizens with clear understanding of how modern technology works and its impacts on society
- Increase the number of AP Computer Science test-takers nationwide and across all demographics by building the high school CS pipeline
- Excite students about the possibilities that technology will play in their future education, careers, and encourage them to take the next step
- Create a culture of volunteerism in the tech industry so that classrooms are appropriately connected to real world knowledge and skills