TX (Austin, San Antonio, Brownsville/Rio Grande Valley, El Paso) – Multiple locations
Microsoft Philanthropies team seeks full-time Regional Managers to help build and scale Microsoft TEALS – a visionary program that is expanding access to quality computer science courses in high schools across the U.S.
TEALS recruits, trains and supports high-tech industry volunteers with knowledge and passion for computer science to teach Introductory and Advanced Placement Computer Science courses in high schools. The TEALS program is growing rapidly, roughly doubling the number of schools and students served each year. TEALS is an industry-wide, volunteer and community driven initiative supported by Microsoft Philanthropies. This upcoming year TEALS will be in 29 states + DC at 350 schools reaching over 12,000 students with 1000+ volunteers representing over 500 different companies. Our ultimate aim is to make computer science as ubiquitous as biology, chemistry, and physics at all American high schools.
TEALS is seeking candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit who are passionate about computer science education in high schools. Candidates should be interested in helping to grow and scale the program in their region.
The Regional Manager is responsible for the region specific management and implementation of TEALS including, but not limited to:
- Technical recruiting and relationship management
- Recruit TEALS volunteer teachers. Speak at companies, conferences.
- Build and maintain relationship with tech companies, and grassroots recruitment of engineering volunteers.
- Conduct interviews and placement of volunteers within the region as well as management of volunteers.
- Understands the technology industry and work environment.
- School relationship management
- Recruit, vet, and onboard schools.
- Maintain relationship with school district administrators, school building principals, counselors, schools, foundation, and in‐service teachers.
- Foster the importance of CS education within the region’s school community.
- Teacher training and mentoring
- Train and mentor volunteers, and work with education partners.
- Visit school sites and providing feedback to volunteers.
- Conduct local teacher meetups and team check-ins.
- Support volunteers during the school year.
- Program management and operations
- Manage day to day running of region including budgeting and execution of program against regional plan.
- Drive excitement for CS education for students, schools, and volunteers with events and incentives.
- Build and maintain regional nonprofit relationships.
The ideal candidate will have a background in computer science with either a major or minor. Additionally, the candidate should have some classroom teaching experience and understanding of the school system and ability to navigate it.
Finally, the position will require familiarity with the technology industry. The candidate should also either have previous project management experience or demonstrate potential to manage and lead.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Regional Manager Position – <city>”.